Why PADI Tec 40?
PADI TecRec courses provide the techniques and procedures necessary for diving beyond recreational dive limits. These are some of the most intensive, yet exhilarating, courses you’ll find.
PADI Tec 40 is the first rung in the Tec Deep ladder. You will learn to use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives to 40m with no more than 10 minutes of decompression.
By the end you will be qualified to use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Technical diving isn’t for everyone but if this type of diving appeals to you and you’re willing to accept the risks, responsibilities and obligations, you’ll find it one of the most rewarding dive experiences you’ll ever have.
What will you do?
- You will learn how to use twin back mounted and manifolded tanks.
- You’ll learn to use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with up to 10 minutes of decompression and up to 40 metres deep.
- You’ll also be able to use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- How to make long hose donations for out of air situations.
What we will supply?
PADI Tec Deep Diver Student Manual, 1 confined water session, 3 supervised boat dives, certification card on successful completion of course.
Since it’s part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec50 courses.
Includes your PADI Tec Deep Diver Student manual (DVD), theory, 4 dives (1 confined water + 3 boat dives), air fills and PADI certification upon successful completion.
Please Note: Additional costs to student diver – Gas (other than air), twin tank hire (if you don’t own your own) and stage tank & reg hire (if you don’t own your own).
Mask and fins
Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If you will use a dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using them for Tec 40 training or diving.)
One stage/decompression cylinder with mounting hardware (Must be oxygen clean)
One regulator and SPG for stage/decompression cylinder (Must be oxygen clean)
Dive computer (air, enriched air or multigas)
Knife/cutting device and backup
Tec BCD or backplate, harness and wing (redundant buoyancy control – either double bladder or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
Double cylinders with manifold
Primary and secondary regulators (1st and 2nd stages – one with a two metre hose and one with SPG)
Backup mask and pocket
Surface marker buoy (deployable from depth) and spool
Want to start?
Contact Ocean Divers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9579 2600
A $150.00 deposit is required.
You will receive your PADI Tec Deep Diver manual (DVD) and knowledge development questions to read and complete before the first session of the course.
2 Evenings or 1 Full Day of theory.
1 Evening – Exam and dive/deco planning
3 days of diving – 1 confined water session & 3 boat dives
Schedule varies per course, depending on weather and available boat dives appropriate for depth requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization).
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization).
- Be a PADI Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres. Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives must be on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres.
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
This course is subject to Ocean Divers’ normal Terms & Conditions. By enrolling in this course, you agree to accept all terms and conditions.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.