Learn to Scuba Dive with the BEST in Melbourne…. We offer high quality teaching with an emphasis on fun and safety. Our instructors are passionate about diving and committed to helping you to become the best diver you can be – not just to gain a certification. Our club offers you support for a lifelong love of scuba!
Scuba diving will open the way for you to discover the underwater environment, see colourful fish, explore sunken wrecks and even capture your own seafood…..our ‘Open Water Diver’ course is easy, safe and fun.
Learn to dive in Melbourne and upon completion of your course, you will be certified to dive to 18 metres, just about anywhere in the world.
Want to learn in Chinese? You can with US!
We have Chinese speaking Instructors on staff and offer Chinese courses.
Minimum age 12 years.
Book 2 people on the same course – $ 695.00 each
Book 3 people on the same course – $ 675.00 each
Group 4 or more on the same course – 10%
Prefer learning online? Registration fee paid to PADI & balance of $495.00 to Ocean Divers.
The PADI Open Water Course consists of self-study, classroom theory, heated pool dives, and open water (sea) dives. Open water dives are a combination of shore and boat dives, both locally and around the Peninsula. We have a wide choice of dives sites and the boat departs from Portsea pier.
The Standard Course is conducted over one evening and two consecutive weekends (weather permitting).
Thursday – 6.00pm-8.30pm – orientation session, gear fitting, paperwork, classroom.
Saturday – 9.00am-6pm classroom and pool.
Sunday – 9.00am-6pm classroom and pool.
Saturday – two shore/pier dives, all day commitment
Sunday – two boat dives, all day commitment
Due to changes in tides and weather, dive sites, boat schedule and times may vary from course to course.
Can’t commit to our scheduled courses? We have a personal training option designed to accommodate your needs – $1195.00
What do I need:
You need to complete a PADI dive medical statement upon signing up for the course. If any questions are answered with a ‘yes’ you will be required to have a full dive medical.
Although a diving medical will not be required, it is nevertheless strongly recommended. Further, a diving medical may uncover conditions you may not be aware of, for example ear, nose and throat , or lung function issues, which could expose you to the risk of serious injury or death while diving. Australian
Standard AS 4005.1 and SPUMS (South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society) both highly recommend a diving medical be completed.
For your own comfort and hygiene, we require you to have your own personal items – that is your mask, snorkel & boots. It is important that a good quality dive mask fits your face correctly to avoid leaking and spoiling your fun! Purchase these at Ocean Divers for a discounted rate!
- The use of all SCUBA gear, a quality suit & hood, weight system & fins.
- PADI Certification and Registration
- Open Water Student Kit – yours to keep! Includes Open Water Manual, RDP dive tables and book, log book and the use of a DVD during the course
- All air fills
- Shore dives – a minimum of 2, if you need more NO EXTRA CHARGE!
- Boat Dives – minimum of 2, if you need more these are available at an additional cost of $65 per dive.
- Knowledge development and equipment sessions.
- Heated pool dives – minimum of two (practice makes perfect) NO EXTRA CHARGE if more required!
- Continuous training if needed at beginner level (no extra charge for up to six months of training)
- Ocean Divers Club membership that offers discounted hire charges, cheaper air fills, free shore dives, newsletters by email, 10% discount store wide on purchases, club meetings, social outings and travel specials at the completion of the course.
- PADI ‘Open Water’ Certification Card – on successful completion.
Want to start?
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 95792600, or drop by the store to book your place.
*We require a $150.00 deposit, for which you receive your PADI Open Water manual (unless you choose eLearning) and the Recreational Dive Planner. Balance of course fees are due at the first session of your course. Please bring one passport sized photograph of yourself which is needed for certification processing.