Technical training and equipment required
44m – 46m
The Pioneer was a steel steam driven pump driven sand dredge. Her overall length was 170ft, her beam was 37.2ft and her draught was 10.3ft giving her a displacement weight of 543 tons. The Pioneer was built for the Victorian Department of Board of Works in 1905 and she was built in Glascow, Scotland. She was scuttled on March 9, 1950.