Technical training and equipment required
44m – 47m
The Piggott actually (H.C.PIGOTT) was a steam driven steel hopper built in 1912 by Fleming & Ferguson in Paisley Scotland. Her overall length was 160ft, her beam was 28ft and her draught was 12ft Giving her a displacement weight of 300 tons. Her owners were the Melbourne Harbour Trust, reg. Melbourne. She was scuttled in the ships graveyard, off Port Philip heads, Bass Strait on the 14 October 1935. The maximum depth on the vessel is 47 metres with the hull listing onto her port side. The superstructure is still recognizable and there is a large anchor sitting on the bow. The prop shafts are visible but there are no props.